KNITTING & CROCHET
3500 Adults Knitted Pure Wool Jumper or Cardigan (Heavier than 4 ply)
3501 Boys or Girls Pure Wool Knitted Garment
3502 Baby's Pure Wool Knitted Outfit. Prize - First $12.00, Second $8.00 Donated by Braidwood CWA
3503 Crocheted Pure Wool Bed Jacket
3504 Adults Knitted Alpaca Wool Jumper or Cardigan
3505 Knitted Alpaca - Hat, Mittens or Socks
3506 Boys or Girls Alpaca Wool Knitted Garment
3507 Baby's Alpaca Wool Knitted Outfit
3508 BEST EXHIBIT MADE FROM ALPACA WOOL. Prize $25.00
3509 Baby's Bootees
3510 Baby's Knitted Jacket
3511 Baby's Knitted Dress
3512 Baby's Knitted Bonnet and Bootees
3513 Baby's Knitted Jacket Bonnet and Bootees
3514 Baby's Knitted Set, Frock, Bonnet and Bootees
3515 Adult's Knitted Jumper or Cardigan, Long Sleeves
3516 Adult's Knitted Jumper or Cardigan, Short Sleeves
3517 Adult Knitted Garment with Embroidery
3518 Child's Knitted Jumper or Cardigan
3519 Child's Knitted Garment with Embroidery
3520 Knitted Sleeveless Pullover
3521 Knitted Jumper 8 ply or heavier
3522 Pair Men's Knitted Socks
3523 Pair Ladies' Knitted Socks
3524 Pair Child's Knitted Socks
3525 CHAMPION PAIR OF KNITTED SOCKS. Prize $20.00 Donated by a Friend of the Braidwood Show Society
3526 Knitted Tea Cosy
3527 Knitted Beanie
3528 Baby's Crocheted Dress
3529 Crocheted or Knitted Rug (114cm x 114cm)
3530 Baby's Crocheted Jacket
3531 Lady's Crocheted Jumper or Jacket
3532 Crocheted Bedspread, Single or Double
3533 Crocheted Tea Cosy
3534 Crocheted Beanie
3536 Girl's Crocheted Jumper or Cardigan
3537 Crocheted Bed Jacket or Shawl
3538 Crocheted Jacket Bonnet and Bootees
3539 Adult Crocheted Garment with Embroidery
3540 Child's Crocheted Garment with Embroidery
3541 Any Article - Knitted or Crocheted by a Person 80 yrs and over
3542 Adult Long Sleeved Jumper, Neck optional
3543 Adult Cardigan
3544 Baby's Jacket or Cardigan
3545 Sleeveless Pullover
3546 Child's Fair Isle Jumper
3547 Child's Long Sleeved Jumper or Cardigan
3548 Short Sleeved Jumper
YOUTH CLASSES 15 Years and Under. No Entry Fee.
3549 Knitted Doll's Outfit
3550 Knitted Article
3551 Crocheted Article
3552 Crocheted Rug
3553 Article from Hand-spun Wool
3554 Garment from Hand-spun Wool
3555 Article not mentioned
3556 CHAMPION KNITTING AND CROCHET EXHIBIT. For all section Q, Prize $30.00 Donated by Braidwood CWA
3557 RESERVE CHAMPION KNITTING AND CROCHET EXHIBIT all for Section Q
Note: Refer to Class 3717 Section S for Grand Champion
1. For the purpose of this competition the following definitions apply:
- a) Garment: an item that can be worn e.g. dress, jacket, scarf, hat
- b) Article: a utility item that is not worn but can be used in the home e.g. blanket; with an outfit eg. bag; for amusement eg. toy; as a decoration eg. picture etc.
2. The whole article and/or garment must be constructed of, and contain a minimum of, 80% wool.
3. Exhibits (articles/garments) may be knitted, crocheted, sewn, felted etc and must be hand crafted (use of sewing machine is permitted).
4. A sample of the yarn, fabric or fibre with label must be attached to each item making up the exhibit. If a label is not available as a handspun/felted a handwritten label with relevant details and sample will suffice.
5. An exhibit in this competition may consist of the work of one individual or a group of individuals, or an organization.
6. All three article/garments must have been completed within the 12 months prior to the local show and made by the exhibitor/s.
7. An exhibit having won at a Group Final (the same three article/garments) is then eligible to compete in the State Final.
8. An exhibitor is only eligible to represent one Group at State level.
9. An exhibit (article/garment) that has previously competed at Group level is not eligible to compete again.
10. It is the responsibility of the Group Secretary and winner to co-ordinate the transfer of the winning entry to Sydney for the State judging.